Sunday, April 26, 2009

Scontastic!!

I finally got the courage up to try my hand at Scones again. My sister in law Kristi by far makes the best scones in the world. I have tried her recipe once and mine were...... well let's just say it CRAP! So I thought I would leave it up to trips to her house for Scones. I also made the mistake of taking Adam over for her delicious scones and so he has requested that I perfect her recipe. Or at least come somewhere close to hers. But now since we live in New York and they live in Ohio I figured how often would we ever get to enjoy her scones. I better give it another try.


So.... I went for it yesterday. And I have to say they came out pretty darn good. I can't quite get the perfect little squares that Kristi gets but hey they tasted good so who cares right! I think I have impressed Adam with my culinary skills now. Adam's mom makes something similar but fills them with Feta Cheese. So we may try that next time. Well only with his half because I like mine gooey and sweet! Anyway, thanks Kristi for the great recipe. I have to remember next time to maybe only make half for just the two of us. That would make about 8 each right? That might be enough.... haha :O)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Those look so good. I will let you practice by making them for me!