Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Rocky!



It's hard to believe but we have now been the proud parents of Rocky for 4 whole years now. He has had, I think a very full life so far in his first four years. First by coming across country in a delivery truck and arriving in the middle of the night to this crazy city of New York. He was the cutest puppy you will ever find.

Then after getting his legs back and figuring out that the city isn't so bad after all we packed him up and moved him out to Utah. In Utah he loved the backyard (just ask my dad!) and playing with all the kids. He also enjoyed the few times the gate was left open for him to roam free. Rocky has been to more states then I think most people go in their lifetime. He has been to Arkansas, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Maryland, Washington DC, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, and of course Utah. We are hoping in the near future to give him some stamps in his passport. That will be an adventure!

We then packed him up again and drove him cross country (yet again) back to this city where he had to re-learn all the noises and smells. I have to say he has adjusted great! Now his favorite things to do are Sleep, Eat (only when dad feeds him), meet new dog friends, and most of all chase squirrels. Central Park is his new backyard and he has taken it over and claimed it one pee spot at a time.

He is such a good dog, most of the time. And I am happy to report to all who know him that he is slowly but surely becoming a much more calm relaxed dog. He still has the smiley puppy face that I hope he never looses. He has also gained quite a bit of weight since coming to this grand city. Adam has him over 95 lbs. Some quirky things about Rocky are: He hates sneezes. If you sneeze in front of him he will make sure you know that he didn't like it. i.e. bark in your face until you yell at him. Also he freaks out when the doorbell rings. If there is one on tv or radio, oh man prepare yourself for a bark fest. I think all doorbell noises should be banned from tv!! He also has a new girlfriend named Lola. She is a 1 1/2 Bernese just his size. They like to wrestle together, must be true love!!

For Rocky's birthday I made him his annual birthday cookies(If anyone would like the Oatmeal, Peanut butter, and chicken broth recipe please let me know!).

Rocky is going to have some big changes ahead this year but I have no doubt that he will be the best big brother!! :O)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROCKY!!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Tell Rocky I said Happy Birthday! It doesn't seem that long ago that we were comparing sleepless nights when I had Caitlyn and Rocky was a puppy!

gayle said...

tell rocky woof woof (happy birthday) he did leave a lot of hair in Utah. The backyard is just now beggining to revive