I took Rocky for his walk in Central Park this evening and saw something that made my jaw drop! That use to be a regular occurrence but eventually you get use to the crazy things you see in New York. But tonight I saw something completely unexpected.....
I saw this HUGE Hawk trying to catch a squirrel!! That's right a Hawk. It flew right past Rocky and I several times on the hunt for it's dinner. We watched it for about 15 minutes fly from tree to tree. Rocky even sat in amazement at this massive bird soaring between the trees. When I got home I did a bit of research and this Hawk is pretty famous. There was a PBS Special on him called 'Pale Male'. Also there is a website dedicated to daily photos of him and his family.
It is amazing to me that a bird like this would choose to live in a city packed of buildings, people, noise, and craziness...... but maybe he is thinking the same thing about us! :O)
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That is pretty cool. I get to watch my kid spit on the floor and you get to see hawks :}
That is awesome. You will get to see more things living in NY than I ever will. Thanks for sharing! :)
Post a Comment