Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Adam! (well... maybe not)


It was Adam's birthday over the weekend. His one request was for me to try and make him one of his favorite dishes- Stuffed Eggplant. Hmmm..... So I searched for a recipe and they all contained spices that you can't get or are uncommon in the US. But I finally found one that was Americanized and decided to try it out. Well then the fun began. I couldn't find the right size eggplant or the right peppers. So I thought I am a good enough cook I can make this work. Can you see the end result now?

It came out OK. It was edible lets say. But it wasn't what the birthday boy had hoped for that's for sure. I think I will just leave it to his mom to cook him his favorites from now on! Rocky enjoyed it so that's something! :O)

3 comments:

Allison said...

Tell Adam Happy Birthday. I think you should get points for trying. Stuffed eggplant? I wouldn't even attempt it, what a nice wife.

Kristi said...

Happy birthday, Adam! I agree with Allison. I've never cooked anything with eggplant and I don't see it in my future.

gayle said...

hAPPY BIRTHDAY aDAM YOU PROBABLY ENJOYED FEEDING THE EGGPLANT TO rOCKY MORE THAN EATING IT.