So I had my last job shadowing event last night. It was FANTASTIC!! The consulate held a party for the play Equus. If you have not heard of this play yet that would be astonishing. But let's just say Mr. Radcliffe shows every side of him possible in it. It has been a very popular play in both the UK and New York.
Only a handful of people from my work were invited and I was one of the lucky few. I have to say Daniel Radcliffe is a very down to earth guy for being a famous actor at such a young age. I think he managed to speak to everyone in the room. Not only speak to them actually have full conversations with everyone. Including me of course! We talked about obviously me being an American and working for the British Government. He said I had to learn how to say the words Research, Vitamin, and Oregano properly. And then wished me luck on....well being an American. Funny. He is still only 19 but I was very impressed with his maturity. I then left the party and just as the elevator was closing a hand popped in and it was Daniel's Bodyguard. I rode the elevator down with Daniel, his father, and bodyguard. I was too chicken to talk to them. It seemed like a decompressing time. It's hard to remember that for him last night was working but for us it was exciting and fun.
Also at the party was Richard Griffiths. He is in the play as well. You may remember him from Harry Potter as well. He played Harry's mean Uncle Vernon.
Unfortunately camera's were not allowed so I couldn't take pictures. There was a professional photographer there and I am hoping to bribe my friend Jenna to send me some so I can post them. But in the meantime this is the only picture I could find that 1-he is clothed and 2-this is pretty close to what he looks like now. Very different from his Harry Potter days. And another side note he is very very short. I think he is about 5'3 maybe 5'4. Shocking really.
I am so sad that my Job Shadowning for Press and Public Affairs section is over. They really do have a fun job. I will just have to try and stay close and hope for pity invites! :o)



1 comment:
your life sounds amazing and exciting!!! I'm jealous.
Post a Comment