After the meeting I got to go back into the back room where secret service were waiting for Gordon Brown to meet his motorcade. He met with BBC reporters and then came out. It is amazing to see the number of staff that surround a person like him. Maybe 15 people trailing behind him.
I got a chance to speak with the man from Scotland Yard (UK Police Division) that organizes the security for a trip like this. He said that they were off to Afghanistan soon and it's nice for him because they can arrive and guns are provided. Kind of the same as America. Funny but an interesting thought on what a gun culture we actually are.
All in all it was a great morning. I am so thankful that I have a job that I can get new experiences. I have now gone to two meetings with top politicians from the UK. I am observing that these two politicians are different from our countries politicians. After the long frustrating Presidential election it is nice to listen to a politician such as Gordon Brown talk about the issues and actually have an opinion and a stance on what needs to be done to correct them. I don't find that very often with American Politicians.
I have one more Job Shadowing event to go on with Louise. So stay tuned this one will be a doosy! Little hint.....It involves a well known Half-Blood Wizard that now takes his clothes off for money... :o)



3 comments:
That is a great story. You have the coolest job! It sounds like you like it a lot.
I'm glad you have that job, so I can live vicariously through you. What were his thoughts on Obama and the economy?
COULD YOU TELL ME WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE? I'M NOT A HARRY POTTER FAN (ONLY UTAH fAN) WHO IS GORDON BROWN DID HE PLAY TIGHT END FOR THE NY GIANTS?
Post a Comment