Yesterday my work had a 'Volunteer Away Day'. We took a school of special needs children to the Central Park Zoo. It was fun but I am worn out. I was on the committee so I got to be involved with the planning of it. We had a fun T-Shirt contest and as you can see the winner was pretty cool. I bet none of you have and I heart UK shirt! 400 of us adults and children walking around the small Central Park Zoo in these shirts. I think people were thinking there was an invasion going on. The children in my group were all just barely 3. So it was a long day for them. My child Victoria fell asleep as we were leaving the zoo. I had to carry her the whole way back on two MTA buses. My arms are aching! (Just a side note. When getting on the bus not one person offered their seat to me even though I had a large sleeping child hanging off me. Thankfully a coworker got someone to move but he wasn't very happy about it. Only in New York!) Way to go to all you mom's out there that do this all the time. I was never so happy to leave and go take a nap!
This picture below is so funny. The man is Sir Alan Collins, New York's Consul General. That's right I know an actual Sir! :o) He is in deep discussion with this little boy....
All in all it was a fun day out. I think all the kids enjoyed it which was the purpose and I also got to go home early and take a nap afterward! And just in case you were wondering my dad was not there that is an actual goat.....





3 comments:
Very cool. At first I thought I spotted a few Burkes in there, but then I kept reading about what you were doing. Just kidding. Your "company" - I guess that's what you call it? They do a lot of really cool stuff that probably makes their employees enjoy their jobs a lot more. I'm glad you have the opportunity to work there!
Your work is always doing cool things. Sleeping kids are heavy, I bet that was a long walk! I can't believe no one offered you a seat, that is crazy.
BAA BAA BAA BAA
Post a Comment