I am getting a free education in the difference between American terms and British terms. I find some of them quite interesting so I thought I would share. Now these are better then the ususal lift, loo, flat, etc. These are ones that I had to stop and ask in a room full of Brits what they heck they are talking about.
Queue- line (like waiting in line at the post office)
Fag- Cigarette (I knew that one I just wanted to say Fag and not get beat up)
Plasters- Band Aids
Breedy- A woman who really wants a baby
Purse- This is like a wallet or a coin purse
Handbag- This is what we Americans call a purse
Brill- Great (short for brilliant)
Hooter- nose
Naughty bits- See previous post picture of my great grandparents!
Everything is in military time and they write their dates dd/mm/yy today is 21/7/08. It drives me crazy. Just a few little differences that I find interesting!

2 comments:
I was wondering where you were going with that title. Interesting stuff, just don't get confused and talk like that to Americans!
I am glad you don't use fags or put plasters on your hooter. That would not be brill. Love your blog Kristin!!!
Post a Comment