Saturday, July 19, 2008

My great great great........great Grandpa & Grandma Bailey!

Hello friends! I hope you all are well. Today in NYC has to be equal in temperature to where Satan dwells! It is about 98 degrees and 80% humidity. Yuck! So I decided to finally visit the American Natural History Museum and get out of the heat. It is here on the Upper West Side near us. If any of you don't know that is the museum in the movie "Night at the Museum". I definetly recommend anyone to go if you visit. It is pretty cool but HUGE! It is a full day of walking around looking at interesting stuff. Parts of it are a glorified Cabela's display of animals from Africa to the Americas. The settings they put them in amazing. They look so realistic.

They have so many different subjects it's hard to wrap your mind around all of them. They have a huge display on the "Big Bang" theory. They also have a hall just for Evolution. It was interesting to see what they think we came from. Below is a picture of what my great, great, great....great Grandparents would have looked like :

What do you think? Any resemblance? I guess maybe a little in the eyes. haha.... (Come people it's funny!) Anywho.... I also got to see the cool bubble gum stone statue from the movie.

It was a fun and interesting day. Oh and I also got to walk by the apartment building that John Lennon was shot at. It is pretty close to the museum so I walked over there. It is a really cool apartment building. I would love to live there and be haunted by him!

Well I hope everyone had a great week! Keep on bloggin'

3 comments:

Katie said...

Those are pretty cool pics. Maybe we'll have to check it out when we're there next week. We're planning on doing Build-A-Bear and a ferry ride to the Statue of Liberty. My Mother-in-law wants to do a carriage ride in Central Park too. Any other suggestions for things to do with a 2 and 3 year old? You'd be welcome to join us on anything we do, too. I'd hate to be that close and not see you.

Lina Buchanan said...

Cool.
Now I just want to watch something with Ricky Gervais in it! :)

gayle said...

NICE PICS OF THE BAILEY LINE. I CAN RECOGNIZE REID AND BETH IN A COUPLE OF THEM. KEEP TELLING US THE DIFFERECE IN WORDS SO I WON'T WEAR MY PANTS WHEN I COME TO TOWN. I BLOODY WELL BETTER BE GOING TAKING TWO LITTLE MONKEYS (GRANDDAUGHTERS KYL ND KENZIE TO THE RODEO) THE TWO LITTLE BUGGERS BETTER NOT HIT UP THE COWBOYS. CHERRIO DUCH