Saturday, May 31, 2008

New Job, New Country

This has been a fun and interesting week. I started my new job at the British Consulate-General in New York. Going to work everyday is like stepping into a different country for a few hours. I have really enjoyed this little time I have been there. Everyone that I work with is 'lovely' as they would say. My position at the consulate is Accounting/HR Assistant. I basically just help them out with anything they need help with. Right from the first day I have been super super busy. The days go by so fast because there is so much to do. Part of the Consulate is also another organization called the UK Mission to the UN. I didn't get to work with them too much this week but next week I will. I find their mission very interesting. They are involved with many UN councils. I look forward to learning more about their causes and getting involved. You can visit their website and take a small peek at what they are working on at the moment. http://ukun.fco.gov.uk/en/

2 comments:

Jen said...

That sounds like a sweet job!!! HOpe things go well for ya.

Allison said...

I'm glad you like your job. It sounds interesting. I thought you would like that post about Caitlyn. She misses you a lot. She told me to tell you that she still likes Ariel!