
Hey Hey Peeps!! That's right I am getting the lingo down.
Today was my first day at church and it was..... well church..... But funny thing happened to me. I sat in the back during sacrament meeting and I started looking around at the people in church. I was noticing the Mormons pretty much all look the same no matter where you go. I was thinking that I could pick them out of a crowd anywhere (now that's not generalizing at all right!! :0)). Anyway as I look around I realized that all the guys had that short missionary haircut (with a little extra spike for the city) except for one guy. The guy sitting right in front of me. He had that shaggy I'm too cool to cut my hair look. Then I got a glimpse of his face and he had that I'm too cool to shave look. So I tried to focus on the 12 year old kid talking about how he has had so many times in his life to learn about how to be humble and the guy in front of me turns around to get his kid. And lo and behold guess who the cool cat in front of me is... (No people Will Ferrell is not Mormon! That would be freaking awesome though) It is Mr. Jon Heder. Napoleon himself. That's pretty cool. I kept waiting for him to do something funny but it never happened. I mean geez there are a million things he could do to make my sacrament meeting a little more fun right.... He does have a daughter about one years old and she was pretty entertaining. Maybe a comic in the making. Anyway the rest of my day is swell. I have some Puerto Rican singers outside my window and a street fair on my street. What could be better.....

5 comments:
Hey you!! So fun to see you here in the blogging world! So you are in NY? When did you move back? That is so funny Napoleon was in your ward. His dad was my husband's old bishop. Well- we will have to keep in touch. Im better at blogging than I am on Facebook. Here's my blog: www.jenniferbertoch.blogspot.com
Have fun in NY and hope you get in some awesome shopping!!! (I used to fly in for the day and hit canal street when I needed a purse... oh the jetblue days...)
Hey Kris,
I got so excited when I found your blog through Al's; now I can blog-stalk you! My blog is bosoxfam.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. Glad you're doing well in NYC, we're in California and love it. Tell your dad I love him!
Love,
Katie
kris the room is almost fumigated now (bedroom) rocky's dog house. how was 1st day at work? did you cause any international incidents? miss all of ya
How awesome is that? We have some interesting "peeps" in our ward, too. Unfortuntely nobody special, though. What am I saying? We are all special, right?!!!
Post a Comment