Happy Birthday to Rocky our favorite dog! He is the big 4 tomorrow. So I guess in dog years that makes him the same age as me. There is a saying I heard when we first got Rocky, 3 years young dog, 3 years good dog, and 3 years old dog. I would say so far that is about right.
Rocky was a very happy puppy. His first 3 years were filled with chewing, peeing, biting, and destroying. But for the last year, since Emily's arrival he has been a pretty good dog. I have to admit I have not had as much love for him as I did before Emily came. Not thrilled about the hair and the messes with a baby around. But he has been very good with Emily and lets her pull his hair and ride on his back.
Sometimes he will just get up to go check on her to make sure she is still there. Kind of sweet but then again I think he might just be waiting for her to leave so we can get back to normal... haha..
Rocky will be getting his usual peanut butter and oatmeal cookies for a treat tomorrow.






2 comments:
don't try to suck up to your dad about rocky. Emily is cute in the pics
Our jack russell terrier did the same thing. After Addy was born, he was constantly checking on her secretly wishing she would go away I suppose.
Also, every time I would hold Addy in her rocker, Buster would sit on the arm and push up against me as well. He was so jealous!
Post a Comment