Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gettysburg


We took the drive up to see the historic sights of Gettysburg last saturday.  It was a beautiful drive through farms and countryside hills (they call them mountains but I refuse to).  The national park was a lot bigger then I expected.  I thought it would just be one big feild that they fought in.  We took the long driving tour through each battlefield and watched the movie and cyclorama.  Very disappointed with the cyclorama because for some reason I swear someone told me it would spin around us but it didn't.  But a very awesome painting. 

It is very sad and humbling to think of all the soldiers that died there.  Their fight and struggles were not in vain.  I see that as one of the biggest changing points in our countries history.  We would be in a whole different country if it wasn't for people standing up for what is right. 

1 comment:

Allison said...

I wish we could come visit and do some sight seeing. Adorable pictures!