Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Project

Today I did a little sewing project. I like to sew but hate getting everything out and making a huge mess (then cleaning it up...ugh!). If we ever have a big enough house it would be nice to have a room just to have somewhere to cut and sew. It would be so nice to have it all set up and ready. That takes the most time.

Anyway today I made Emily a changing pad. I am not really crazy about diaper bags so I use a large purse to carry everything right now. I am sure that might change when I have to drag toys around too. So I have never had a changing pad to lay Emily on when we are out. I found this pattern in a book at the library and gave it a shot. I am a beginner sewer and I made a lot of mistakes on it but I think it came out pretty good. It rolls up nice to fit into my bag and is big enough to cover those plastic changing stations when we are out. Also machine washable which is important!! But most imporant it looks like Emily enjoys it too!




(Oh my gosh she has got to be one of the cutest babies ever!!)

8 comments:

Allison said...

I'm impressed with your sewing skills! And I'm pretty sure she is the cutest baby ever (next to my kids of course). I love her big smile

Crystal said...

Kristin, I think it's too cute to let her poop on! Good job. I don't have a domestic bone in my body so I am reeling in jealousy right now! So cute!

Kristi said...

Nice work, Kris! She is one of the cutest babies. What a big smile! Wish we could see how much she's changed in person!

Kat said...

I think you're right, she is one of the cutest babies EVER!!! Love the changing pad. I like ot sew too, but agree the worst part is getting everything out and then putting it all away.

Anthony and Kristie said...

Burke I didn't know you could sew, very impressive. Looks like Emily loves it.

Tiffany said...

That last picture is one of the cutest things I've ever seen!

Sherrie said...

Good job Kristin!

gayle said...

As always her dad taught her how to sew and change flat tires and change the tv channel. Emily is the cutest glad to be back I know how much she missed me