Thursday, February 12, 2009

Oh are we in for it!

So I don't know if this will be interesting to any of you but I wanted to be able to say to my daughter one day when she is a bratty teenager 'See even in the womb you were difficult and stubborn!' :o)

We have now had four incidents where cooperation with this new child is necessary and all four have gone bust! I am already blaming her dad for her stubbornness! Back in the early stages of pregnancy we did the test they do for Down Syndrome. It is just a standard test they do here in New York so we thought why not. It requires a blood test and a ultrasound to measure the size of the baby's head (this is at 12 weeks pregnant if anyone cares). So I show up to the hospital with their high tech ultrasound machine and the baby is hiding it's face so the measurement couldn't be taken. After about an hour of prodding and poking to get it to move nothing. It would just push against the pokes and resume chewing on it's hand. UGH!!!

So last week we got to go have an Anatomic Scan. This is so we could find out what 'it' was (so thankful we can stop calling it that). She was in perfect position to determine it was a girl. So that was good news. But they also get photos of all the major organs and body parts to confirm she is developing correctly. Oh guess what Missy miss I am too good to be helpful turns herself to face my back and we could not get a scan of her heart, cord, or face. So I had to take yet another day off work to go back yesterday to get those vital parts of her body checked. I showed up yesterday confident that she will behave with a firm lecture ready for her if she tried anything funny! Ok it was 'pretty pretty please just move!'.... Well as you can guess she was not helpful at all. She was curled up in a ball with her knees tight to her chest fast asleep. Again after lots of prodding, poking, coughing we all just gave up. I can thankfully report that she is perfect and healthy but that a photo could not be produced. But I am left thinking.... OH my what are we in for!! :o)

5 comments:

gayle said...

Oh paybacks what a beautiful thing. I'm always glad when grandchildren behave just like their parents. I can just sit back and say oh thank you

Allison said...

Yikes, look out for this girl. I love your dad's comment, at least he is honest!

Anthony and Kristie said...

She sounds just like her mom.

Katie said...

I'm sorry, blame her DAD for her stubbornness? That's funny.

Anthony and Kristie said...

Burke me and my husband want to come to New York in May so I need to talk to you, but I don't have your email address. Will you email me? anthonykristie@gmail.com