Hello all!
I have had one exciting week so forgive the length of the post. I had a training for work in San Francisco last week. I left New York on Tuesday and arrived late that night on the other side of the country. My training was very interesting (well to me maybe not to the rest of you). I learned all the in's and out's of the British Government. Boy are they quirky! It was so interesting learning about all their traditions and ways of doing things. I can now say I am an expert on their government, just don't quiz me. I got to explore the city at night and I have to say San Fran is one of the coolest cities I have ever been to. It reminds me a lot of Istanbul in some ways. I loved all the little outdoor cafe's they have. Some are tucked away in little alleyways.
I have to say I think San Fran is way cooler then New York. It is much trendier and has the coolest buildings. Also their Chinatown is much better. It is a lot cleaner and a lot more organized and less chaotic.
So after two whole days (not nearly enough) I packed my bags up and headed for Utah. I thought I may as well visit if I am just going to fly over the top of it. I arrived Thursday night, just in time for my parents to visit for a couple of hours before their trip to Mexico. (Side note on that... they totally knew I was coming and planned their trip anyway! I now concede that Jason is the favorite child!) . Friday was a packed day of fun. I got to go to my old work (Mountainland Rehab) to my favorite bride to be's bridal shower. It was fun to see everyone and most fun to watch Lina open her presents. Then I ran across town to my favorite hang out in Utah- The Loosli Residence. I hung out with the coolest kids Caitlyn and Jonah. It just felt like old times. My friend Allison (Strong or Barnes whatever) stopped by for a visit with her new little baby. It was fun to visit and see friends. I miss friends a lot in New York!
Also that morning my dad packed their things and went on vacation. Included in those things was my luggage. He packed it away with their things. Luckily they noticed and left the bag at my brother Todd's house in BEAVER!! That's right BEAVER!!! That would be three hours each way to pick up my bag. So I had a good breakfast with my niece's on Saturday morning then headed off to retrieve my bag. It was nice to visit Todd's family but that is the most boring drive in the world.
But I did get to see something I would never get to see in the city. I got to see Venus and the Moon lite up at night. I don't even get to see stars let alone Venus. Just ask Kyla I was SO EXCITED!!!
So with Saturday pretty much gone I spent Sunday morning relaxing and catching up on my Top Gear (I maybe becoming more and more British but seriously that show is HILARIOUS. If you have not seen it check it out on BBC America. It's the coolest cars with the funniest old guys, not including my dad). Jason and JoDee were nice enough to invite me over for dinner and games on Sunday night. It was great spending time with them. And I remembered how horrible I am at Mad Gab. But happy to report Jason and I won Trivial Pursuit.
After a long trip that was pretty packed with everything I was ready to trek home yesterday. I woke up to a call from Adam saying they had about 9 inches of snow on the ground in New York. My plane took off on time but we got to Pennsylvania and we flew in circles for about an hour and a half waiting to get in line to land on the only runway functioning at JFK. If anyone has been to JFK they have about 9 terminals and several runways. Only having one working is RIDICULOUS!! My flight was due to land at 4:30 and we finally arrived at 6:45. Then my car picking me up was a half hour late. So I reach home at about 8:00. LONG DAY!!!
It was a long trip but it was fun to see everyone and hang out with the people I miss! Thanks to everyone!






3 comments:
The Loosli house is a pretty cool hang out! The kids loved seeing you. I was wondering if you were able to make it home. Tell your work to send you out here again soon!
I can't believe you were in San Fran and didn't tell me! I totally would have driven an hour and a half to see you!
I think that story about your dad packing your luggage is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. How does that even happen?
the way it happened with her bag was that it was packed the exact way her mother packs things hanging out everywhere. Then she put it on her mom's bed and the instructions were toput the bags from the bedroom. She was just lucky her mom saw it and felt sorry for her otherwise I probably would have sold it in Mexico or gave it to DI
Post a Comment