Thursday, December 11, 2008

Surprise Parental Visit

My mom sent me an email Thursday night last week to tell me that her and my dad would be coming into town on Monday. WOW! That is some short notice. They were only going to be here until Wednesday morning. Quick trip. My mom had a conference to attend on Tuesday so I took the day off to entertain my old man. I took him downtown to Wall Street. As he likes to say....... he wanted to visit to watch his 401K drop. Then I took him to the Sports Museum of America. It was pretty cool to see the Heisman Trophy and actual Olympic Metals. Afterward I took him to a great New York hot spot for lunch..... Subway. Yeah I am a bad tour guide.
Later that night once my mom was out of her conference we went to Times Square, Bryant Park, and then to see the play Spam-A-Lot. It was a funny show that starred Clay Aiken. I was pretty impressed with his acting. I wasn't expecting much but he is pretty good in it.
It was a fun but very quick visit. Thanks for coming Parents!

3 comments:

Katie said...

That last picture is my new desktop. I love me some Gayle!

Allison said...

That sounds like fun. Tell them next time to invite me!

gayle said...

I really enjoyed the tour especially subway and the subway. The show was good I caught a couple of hrs sleep (just kidding)